Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week in Review 8-25-2013




Last Week was spent preparing for three days of vending at Mechacon.

We left early on Friday morning so I could stop by the Coq Rouge Gallery in New Orleans with a fresh batch of Voodoo Goblins.  

About 11 am, we made it to the Hilton and checked in.  The view from the room was the best we've had in our three years of attending and vending at Mechacon.


By one, I had my table set up and ready for the convention goers.  My set up is very simple as I knew I would have to break it down and set it up three times over the next three days.

I know I definitely need a backdrop or other point of vertical visual interest.  Maybe next year.  I can put up a background piece once and not worry about it for three days, anyway.



The buttons sold well so I am definitely bringing them again next year.  The mirrors seemed to only confuse passersby and they didn't sell at all so I don't think they will be coming back.  :(




My daughter had a table next to mine and sold well on ears and bags!  This was her first solo venture into vending so I think she was pleased with her success.



This is my daughter, looking fab in her formal wear and cosplay.

As always, Mechacon was a lot of fun.  The attendees put so much work and passion into their cosplay that it is a delight to see them having fun and enjoying the fruits of their labors.

By Sunday afternoon, I was exhausted and happy to be packing up and on my way home.

Still, I hope to go back next year.  I love you, Mechacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment