Tuesday, March 24, 2015

It's all Connected


Many of my blog posts have concerned connections.  

With my art, I oftem explore my connection to the world and to my past.  I may have taken things a little too far this time...

I am still in the midst of my Tarot card series and putting the final touches on my last two Jack the Ripper pieces, but I wanted to take a bit of a break and do a piece that could stand on it's own.

I started with the idea of two different little girls having a playful skirmish battle with umbrellas, but somehow, I ended up here.

I have been toying with the idea of doing a Side Show series for many months but didn't feel quite ready to start.  

With my art, I let my emotions lead me.

I've commented in the past that I am a firm believer in the clarity gained through daily pages (a k a "The Artists Way" fundamentals.)  

Whether you believe that you are communing with a higher power or merely removing all the petty minutia from your thoughts, I find a sense of purpose within those pages.  

By focusing for 45 minutes and letting my thoughts wander on paper, I find that am never without ideas for a new piece of art or series.

My interest has meandered a bit this year, from Victorian crime to my grandmothers' mystical past.  I've enjoyed working through my obsessions but am really excited about this new piece.

Expect to see several more Side Show pieces from me in the weeks ahead!

Interested in seeing a few in person?  
I will have these Twins as well as Mermaid Girl ready for viewing this weekend at Fest for All in Baton Rouge.

Look for me in Booth 3 off of River Road!








No comments:

Post a Comment