Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Journey most Traveled by

I was feeling very inspired by my upcoming #ChezFab group show, "Brothers We Love".  

I started with a piece about two brothers that are very dear to my heart:  my two sons, JJ and Xander. The two squabble and fight.  They are caught in this endless cycle of competition.  Occasionally, though, a stillness comes over them, a brief moment of their deeper love and affection for one another shines through.  

Catching that elusive moment is a victory to be greatly prized.

So, I took a LOT of photos in the past few weeks as I trotted around Louisiana's historical sites with my sister and mother.  I thought it would be fun to try something a little different with my art and went in an unusual direction, for me.


I started with that rare moment between brothers and layered five different photos on around and under.  

I followed up with another piece, using family photographs of both boys at different ages over the years.  In order to know where we are going, we need to remember who we are and where we have been.


Both of these pieces will be on view at the Chez Fab viewing on May 9th.  

Now, if only the rain would let up so that I can make my way to an art market at some point in this  very water logged month!

I am hoping the sun stays out this afternoon so that I can make the N the Art Space Spring Fest tonight from 5 pm to 9 pm.  If you're in the area, stop by!  I'll have snacks and drinks and an entire canopy full of surrealistic goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment