Friday, February 20, 2015

Is it Spring yet?

I haven't had as much time to devote to my art of late as I would like.  I was super pleased to be accepted as an artisan at the Lafayette Farmers and Artisans Market at the Horse Farm and intend to be there the third Saturday of every month for their handmade and artist weekend  (so I will be there tomorrow!)  

Buying the mesh sides for my tent was definitely a wise choice.  I wasn't certain about taking the next step, but if I am going to be doing three art markets a month, I definitely need to bring my best professional artist game with me!

The continued cold days and grey skies of winter are not my favorite.  I don't mind as much when the sky is blue and brilliant, but we don't seem to get enough of those.  I find myself longing for the warmth of spring.

What comes with spring?  

Why, the Easter Bunny of course!  

I shifted through the photographs I took of the Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center the last time I was out there and located what seemed like the perfect image of one of my Voodoo Goblin bunnies.  

 I love combining the fairy tale adorableness of the little girl with something just a little creepy.  Bunnies, especially stuffed toy bunnies, really just should not be so large!




 I've made some progress with some of the pieces for my Whitechapel series, but they aren't quite finished yet.  I think I may have one more image of Jack that I want to finish and then I can lay those ghosts to rest.

Miriam Angel still lingers in my mind so I will be returning to that series after I finish with Jack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment