Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Louisiana Science Fiction Costume and Film Convention 2014


That is a lot of name and covers a lot of ground.

The LaSciFi is actually the smallest convention I've ever been to, but then, I've only been to about a half dozen.

It was a strange experience for me.

We arrived Friday afternoon and set up.  Reducing my set up to only one table is always a bit of a challenge for me.


I came dressed as Magenta as Friday night is given over to a showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

We had maybe a dozen browsers the whole night and no sales, but it was my first time seeing a live production of RHPS is many years so it still made for a good time.


Fortunately, sales picked up on Saturday so I was able to relax and enjoy the convention.

My daughter spent the weekend as a Lolita cupcake, selling all the cosplay and lolita goodness.

There were about a dozen panels scheduled, which surprising, took place in the main room about ten feet from our table so we were able to watch all the panel activities.

Krewe du Who was on hand with K-9 as well as all the Doctors!  :)



Another room was devoted to demonstrations and another room to the science fiction film fest.

My kids enjoyed the horror movies and the Klingon martial arts demonstration.

I attended the bellydancing demonstration and attempted the tribal movements in my corset.

I think I may be far too uncoordinated to bellydance but it was fun to try.

At 4 pm, the costume contest began and the main room cleared out.

We packed up and headed out.

Sunday was three hours of panels which met. strange to say, in the lobby of the hotel.  

Definitely, an unconventionally unstructured convention, but a good time was had!



No comments:

Post a Comment